Plagued with aches, sniffles, sinus congestion, fatigue and feeling downright crummy?? Here is my magic cabbage soup that is sure to give you some much needed warmth and nourishment with just the right amount of zip and spice to help you mend.
This is one of my favorite, vegan dishes when I am sick and have no appetite. It kicks some major ass in the following departments:
…and all around immune super booster that will blow open occluded sinuses and make you feel all warm and yummy inside.
- 1 TBSP EVOO
- 1 TBSP grated fresh ginger
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4-5 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/8 tsp tumeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large sauce pan
- Add in the grated ginger, minced garlic and onion and cook on medium until the onion is translucent and the mixture is fragrant.
- Add in fennel, cinnamon, carrots and tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes
- Add in the water, crushed red pepper and turmeric and bring to a boil then drop down to a simmer on med/low for 25 minutes
- Add salt and crushed black pepper to taste