EKAH DAILY DISINFECTING CHECKLIST
As a valued member of our EKAH family and community, we appreciate the trust you place in us. We are happy to let you know that we are re-opening our doors to the community.
Our efforts to provide you the safest and most effective care will be an on-going priority during these rapidly evolving circumstances including following all recommended guidance from public health authorities, including best practices for hygiene and infection control.
In anticipation of re-opening to the community, we updated all our office disinfection procedures. This is to ensure our space is as sanitized as possible.
What to expect:
- We have switched to vinyl pillow cases, disposable pillow cases and rubber sheets (pillows and sheets carefully disinfected and pillow cases changed between patients)
- True HEPA Air filters in both treatment rooms and in the front room
- Medical-grade disinfecting of all hard surfaces and room rotation between every patient
- Temperature screening upon entry
- I will be wearing equipment (PPE) of KN95 mask, eye protection and gloves during treatment.
- Upon entering the office, we will require you to wear a mask as well as clean your hands using the provided hand sanitizing station or going immediately to the bathroom to wash your hands.
- Only seeing 1 patient at a time with no office staff present for now.
- No use of the waiting room side by patients until further notice, this includes the tea and water.
- We are not offering “extras” right now such as cupping or gua sha, for now. This is to minimize our contact time to what is absolutely necessary.
- Hand sanitizer is available in each room and required upon entry into office.
- Patients will wait in their cars or in the hallway, so long as social distancing is achievable, to limit the number of people in the office to the practitioner (me) and one patient at a time (you!)
- A serious deep cleaning of the entire office at the end of each day and air flow allowed (luckily we have east and west facing windows to completely air out our office)
The safety of our patients and communities we serve is our number one priority. Patients will be properly assessed for COVID-19 risks (via phone up to 24 hours before your appointment) before being allowed into any clinical areas. Patients will have their temperatures measured and will be required to answer additional Covid-19 specific questions upon arrival.
GUIDELINES FOR OFFICE VISITS:
To help you prepare for your appointment, please keep the following in mind:
- If you have symptoms of sore throat, cough, fever, chills, body aches (outside your usual), GI upset, especially new diarrhea, loss of your sense of taste or smell, or if you have been around anyone that has exhibited these symptoms, you should stay home and contact your physician for possible testing and further guidance. We will also schedule a telehealth session to help you, remotely.
- Patients should arrive at their appointed time slot to allow proper time in between patients for our office to disinfect everything.
- Only the patient is allowed in the office. For children and adult patients who require a caretaker, one adult may accompany the patient.
- We will only be accepting Credit Cards on file.
Telehealth remain the preferred form of treatment. EKAH will still be offering virtual visits for those patients who do not feel comfortable in the clinical setting. During your telehealth visit, will be able to discuss your symptoms and determine the most appropriate treatment plan, including herbal formulas.
Our highest priority is to keep all our patients and staff as safe as possible.
If you have any questions about this notification or your upcoming appointment, call us at 201-338-0552.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and your loved ones.
We are here for you and hope you remain safe and healthy.
In good health,
Dr. Erin Kumpf, D.A.C.M., L.Ac and the EKAH Team